There was quite a lot of trial and error involved in making these, I had two versions and one completely failed no matter what I tried, and the second one came out not too shabby. I would suggest having medium to long hair for my version though.
- Crayola air magic foam (one pack per horn)
- Hot glue + gun
- Black paint
- Gold paint
- Floral wire
- Elastic headband
- !! Use a reference for this!! Taking one pack of foam per horn, mold two horns. Press the bottom ends onto your head where you will wear the horns so they will take on a diagonal shape and fit more closely on your head. These need to air dry for a few days, and I highly suggest propping them up in a few places. I propped mine up only in the middle and they dried and kind of warped out of shape. Once that happens, you can’t go back and fix it, so take care!
- Using some hot glue, fill in any cracks that formed while drying. Mine had a lot of cracks. Filling them with hot glue will not only help you create a smooth surface but it will strengthen the horns too.
- Using hot glue, create your horn texture. You can do rings, lines, whatever you want. I decided to do lines to create an almost grainy texture.
- Paint the horns black, and dry brush gold for accents. I’d suggest spraying a sealant, but I personally did not do that.
From flat black to golden accents. I did the gold only until maybe halfway up the horn
- Using the floral wire, lay it over your head keeping about 1″-2″ hanging over on each side. Cut two strands and twist them together to create a stronger single strand.
- Using the skewer, poke a hole completely through the bottom end of each horn. Thread the floral wire through and check the fit on your head.
- Fold the ends that are hanging over into loops. These loops should be hidden behind your ears.
- Take the elastic headband, fold it in half and place one end in each loop, creating an elastic band to help keep the horns on your head.
- Style your hair to hide the fact these horns aren’t actually sprouting from your head and then you’re good to go.