Update + Haul

I know I keep saying I’ll have posts coming, but this time I’m actually telling the truth. I have some projects (mostly cosplays) nearing completion, and I’ll try my best to get them posted. Until then, however, I have more haul items!

I did not get this materials on the same day, rather I went to my local Joann’s multiple times during different sales. I think I’ve photographed everything, but if there are things I’ve used but not photographed, I’ll talk about them.

20160422_075655

This batch includes some Steampunk octopus buttons, La Mode kind of regal crest buttons, a Simplicity grecian trim, a Simplicity “tribal” trim, and a Burda pattern for historical undergarments.

I have no use for the buttons as of yet, but they’re inspirational and just pretty so I wanted them. The grecian trim is also an inspirational item for a possible future cosplay which I will keep under wraps until I hammer out details. The tribal trim I’m going to use to make a camera strap for my brother (and since there is quite a bit of it, perhaps one for me as well). The pattern is completely useful, especially for when I begin to make my historical costumes (I’ve curated a collection of patterns and construction details for various ones).

20160422_075704

It was early morning so the lighting isn’t optimal, but the La Mode buttons feature a (quite literal) sea horse and that was grounds alone for buying them. The octopus gives me HYDRA and/or S.P.E.C.T.R.E vibes, and I am into steampunk looks, so definitely an inspirational item.

20160422_080148

This batch includes so many fun things! A Dritz Belle Buttons real horn button (to be used in one of the nearly complete cosplays I will post later on), Realeather deerskin lace in dark chocolate (I bought two), a Butterick Making History pattern for belts, bracers, bags, etc. typically leather items (such a useful pattern for MANY of the costumes I want to make), and a Simplicity pattern for Princess Zelda (I honestly bought it because it includes patterns for the armor pieces and the crown and I can use that for basic shapes and alter the patterns for whatever character I need).

20160422_080209

A closeup on the texture of the horn button. I’m not sure how this horn was retrieved, I’m hoping it was ethically but I just don’t know. I didn’t even realize it was real horn until I had already bought it.

I forgot to photograph, but I also went to Home Depot and bought a 10′ PVC pipe that I cut in half and purchased end caps for, which will be used in upcoming/nearly completed projects. (Hint: Think “staffs”)

20160422_080430

I purchased this remnant of vinyl to use in a nearly completed project, so I won’t say much about it, just that it is amazingly the perfect width and length for what I’m using it for.

20160422_080502

This last picture is more patterns, including a Butterick Making History pattern for a Regency era gown, jacket, and purse, a Butterick Making History pattern for various corsets, and the new McCall’s Costumes Yaya Han pattern for this flared jacket.

I forgot to picture the new material I bought and I’ve already used it so it’s a bit too late, but I purchased a linen material in a dark brown, and some yards of white netting (both for a nearly complete project as well as perhaps a petticoat in the future).

Until next time!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s